Monday, March 2, 2009

7 Years Ago...

It is so hard to believe that 7 years ago this month we were going through IVF in hopes of having a baby. It was a long struggle to get pregnant and I still remember just praying that God would bless us with a baby. He did! 7 years ago I had dreams of what it would be like to be a parent watching their child grow and doing motherly things like sitting in carpool line, going on field trips, reading bedtime stories and kissing hurt knees. 7 years ago I would have never imagined that my baby that I hoped and prayed for would grow up so fast. He has...and it makes me so happy and so sad and so proud of the little boy that he has grown into.

Last Friday Jackson participated in his very first County Stock Show. I'm not sure why this was one of those moments that just got to me. Something about the way he looked and acted just made him look so grown up and I wasn't ready for it. I cried when he got ready...I cried all the way up to the show barn...and I cried every time I talked to someone about it. I cried a lot and I felt really silly for doing it! He just seems so big all of the sudden. Jackson did great! He was a little apprehensive about his rabbit scratching him when he would hold him but when we got there we found out that they would be carrying them into the ring on a piece of carpet. This was good because the rabbit couldn't scratch him but we hadn't practiced this way so neither Jackson or the rabbit really knew what to think of it. Thankfully they both did great after some practice! Jacob and I were both really proud of him. He really is growing up! I can't even begin to imagine what the next 7 years will hold for us but I know it will be amazing!

Posing for the camera.

Looking around with his friend Drew. This picture just cracks me up!

Enjoying a Coke while waiting for the short term rabbit show. It was 91 degrees when we were there!


Checking on Jack (AKA Johnny Hopper)

Taking it all in. He looks so grown up to me.

This is how he had to carry his rabbit into the show ring.

Getting some help getting his rabbit all situated.

Waiting to talk to the judge.


He looks so sweet in this picture.

Talking to the judge.


After the show with his rabbit and ribbon.

Jaci and Tyler playing with the rabbit.
Jack...I couldn't figure out what was in his ear when we first got him but it is his name.
(Just in case you didn't know...you can click on the picture to make it larger.)

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! He looks so proud of his rabbit. What a handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so grown up, and so looks like he should be in a coca-cola ad or something

    ReplyDelete