Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Shred...Day 2

I woke up this morning so sore I could barely move. Thanks to the NyQuil I took last night I didn't have to feel the pain while I slept but I felt it this morning. Jaci woke up screaming and I went to jump out of bed to get her...there was no jumping. It was more like shifting my legs that felt like they each weighed a ton across the hallway. I enter her room and she holds up her arms wanting me to get her out of her bed. I reach down and suddenly have the urge to scream...my arms are on fire! I try to convince her to walk to my room so I can go get back in bed but she is having no part of that...she wants me to carry her. I shuffle back into my room and lay her in my bed with Tyler who has now been awakened by all of the commotion. I think about climbing back into bed myself but decide that it will be much too painful...I opt to soak in a warm bath. Kids are now happily watching cartoons so I head off to a nice steaming bath.

After my bath I am feeling better. I can actually move and although brushing my hair and teeth are challenging I manage to get it done without screaming out in pain. I gather up the kids and their clothes for the day and we head down stairs. With each step I take my legs are cramping up and feeling like they are going to buckle under me. We get downstairs and I manage to make it though our morning routine of me unloading the dishwasher and making breakfast and decide that before I sit down I should go ahead and Shred! I am afraid that if I sit I won't get back up.

It actually felt good to do the workout....well kind of...actually, not really. But...it did feel good to push through the pain and get it done. I know it is working...believe me...I can feel the burn! After the workout I have TONS of energy but no strength to do anything with it. I am hoping that by tomorrow or the next day I will be able to function like a normal human being. This is seriously the most amazing 20 minutes of pain that you will every willingly put yourself though. I have no doubt that if I stick to the 30 Day Shred that I will have a changed body at the end of it. (and I mean changed as in toned body...not hunched over so sore you can't move cursing Jillian Michaels with every step you take body) Oh...and if you are wondering who this Jillian Michaels is you can check her out on The Biggest Loser tonight at 7pm on NBC. :)

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean -it sucks, but once you are done, so worth it!

    GREAT JOB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work! and welcome to the sisterhood!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I start the shred tomorrow. I'm nervous but looking forward to it. Just keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i bought the video today, and opened it does that count LOL i WILL start tomorrow

    ReplyDelete