Monday, April 6, 2009

Shredding with the Sisterhood

I Shred with the Sisterhood!



What have I got myself into??? In an effort to get into really good shape for this summer and prepare for a couple of adventure races I have coming up I am joining the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and Shredding into summer! I entered a blog contest over at The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans to win the 30 day Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels (The Biggest Loser trainer). They were giving away 7 copies and out of a all the people who entered I won a copy. I have tried the workout before and I couldn't walk the next day. I'm a little scared...but as soon as the kids go down for a nap I will get to shredding! I have also been walking and running a lot as well as doing weight training so hopefully the Shred won't kick by tail end like it did last time. 30 days...22 minutes a day...I will keep you posted on the results!

ETA.....OK...I just finished doing the Shred and all I can say is OMG...I think I am going to die. I seriously contemplated throwing my weights through the TV just so I don't have to do it tomorrow. I figured I better type this update now because I'm not sure I will be able to type later this evening. This DVD will seriously kick your butt! I've been walking 4 miles a day, running 1 mile and doing weight training so I didn't think it would totally kill me but it did. Of course it doesn't help that I am sick and trying to cough up a lung but I can't use that as an excuse. I hope it all pays off!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I'm proud of you! I'm too scared to even try anything that hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to try it...I think I did try this video a couple weeks ago, but am not sure. I know it was a Jillian video just not sure if it's the shred video.

    Good luck with working out! I hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete