Monday, July 25, 2011

7.25.11

Every night in the peaceful quiet moments, after the kids have gone to bed, after everything is put up and cleaned up for the night and after everything is set out and ready to go for the next morning I sit down to this.

The soft glow of the lamp.  Everybody loves Raymond.  A glass of wine and blogger.
I am so glad I am back on track.
I have really missed this time that I take to reflect on our day.  When I didn't make myself do it I never felt like I truly unwound from the day.
Now I sit and look back on the day and prepare for the next day.
It is good for my soul.
Even if it means nothing.  Even if it is about nothing.  Even if nobody is out there reading it.
It is my time that I make myself take for me.
Today I bought Texas A&M football tickets for us.
Jackson has been begging to go to a game for a couple of years now.  We decided that we would go this year as an early birthday present.
He is so excited.
So are we!

No comments:

Post a Comment