Monday, January 10, 2011

8/365

Carrots...
One of my all time favorite teachers in Elementary school once told me that if you have 5 true friends in your lifetime you should consider yourself lucky.
At the time I thought she must have been crazy because 5 true friends over a lifetime seemed like such a small number.
Then I grew up and realized that people will come in and out of your life.  I have had many friends through out the different stages of my life, but how many of them can you call your true friends?
The truth is there are very few people who I know I can depend on no matter what.
Friends who will laugh with me in the good times, but also still be around when the going gets tough.
Friends who will support me when life gets difficult.  Friends who will give me a much needed reality check when I am losing it.
There are very few people who I would drive 5 hours to see for less than 24 hours and turn around and drive 5 hours back home after having been on the road for the past 2 weekends.
There are very few people who are worthy of carrots...

She is one of them.
(See the baby in the belly!  He was one of the reasons for my surprise visit to Lockhart!)
She is the other one.

These are the types of friends who will be there way down the road...
When we are old and grey...
Still surprising each other with a vase of carrots!

For the full story on the carrots click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment