Wednesday, November 10, 2010

314/365

EIGHT...Today he turned EIGHT! 
It doesn't even seem possible that my little baby is growing up so fast.  The day he was born was one of the most profound days of my life.  We had tried for so long to have a baby and gone through so much to have him.  From the time I was a little girl the main thing in life that I wanted to be was a mommy.  That dream came true on November 10th, 2002 at 7:47 in the evening. 
Jackson, I am so thankful every day that you came into our lives.  You have been one of my greatest sources of happiness.  I have loved watching you grow into the boy you are now.  You were a mommy's boy at birth but have grown into quite the daddy's boy.  The two of you are 2 peas in a pod.  You love all things dealing with sports.  You have also taken quite an interest in weather and tornadoes which is funny because you are scared to death of storms.  As of today you are saying you want become a storm chaser.  This past year has been extremely difficult for you.  You don't do well with change and moving to a new town and starting a new school was really tough for you.  I am so proud of the way you have handled all of these challenges.  I know it hasn't been easy but you have really stepped up to the plate and worked so hard and I am so proud of you for that.  You are my dream come true and I am so glad that I get to be your mommy.
The little kids have enjoyed today and all the birthday fun that went along with it. 
We had planned on going out for supper tonight but once Jackson opened up his gifts he just wanted to stay at home which was perfectly fine with me.  Tomorrow he is requesting Olive Garden so I guess we will continue to celebrate tomorrow night. 
The form boards came down on the foundation today and we were able to walk on it.  Of course we are stressed out thinking about how small it looks. 
I guess there isn't a whole lot we can do about it now. 
I'm sure that once walls go up it won't look so small but right now I am thinking that we won't be able to fit beds in the rooms.  (I'm kidding...a little)  I know mom and I measured everything out to make sure our stuff would fit but right now I just don't see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment