Thursday, November 11, 2010

315/365

I feel like I have been running a marathon the past couple of weeks.  There is so much that needs to be done and no time to do it all.  I have a feeling it is going to be this way for a few more months. 
Jackson wanted to go out and eat at Olive Garden for his birthday, but once he opened his gifts last night he just wanted to stay at home and play so we went this evening.  We had to go to Abilene to look at fireplaces and pick up a shop vac so it worked out well.  My kids LOVE Italian food.  They were all so happy tonight! 
Tyler got upset with us tonight because we haven't taken him to the doctor to get his mole cut off.  I'm not sure where this all came from.  It was completely out of the blue.  He just got mad and said that his mole was going to make him go bald.  He has been talking a lot about going bald and not wanting to be bald because you get "cancelled" (cancer).  It is so strange to me because nobody in our family has ever had cancer where they lost their hair from chemo.  My mom had breast cancer but never had to do chemo and Tyler was younger so I'm not sure he even knew what was going on.  I have no idea where he is getting this from but he has been talking about it a lot.  Needless to say I will be trying to find a good dermatologist in Abilene because he is so worried and wants his mole taken care of right now.  (As in tonight!)

Today Jacob and I also made a trip out to one of the many limestone quarries here in the area.  We headed out to Champion Limestone and looked around.  I thought we had found what we liked but once we got home and got it all washed off I am not loving it.  The rocks will be cut different so they won't look so much like the brick but I'm not sure about the colors.
What do you think? 
I'm seeing pink and green in the colors which I'm not wanting to be there!  Jacob thinks I am crazy.
This is so hard to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment