Monday, November 22, 2010

325/365

Today Jacob and I worked on sealing the basement.  It was not a fun job and we didn't quite finish it.  Let's just say that it tool a lot longer for the product to dry than they described.  Oh...and once it drys on your hands you might as well forget about it.  That stuff doesn't come off!  We tried gas, paint thinner, nail polish remover, alcohol, oil based soaps, acetone and lacquer thinner.  We scrubbed and scrubbed and then soaked our hands in the acetone and lacquer thinner (which I don't recommend because OMG...it burns SO BAD!!!).  It helped out some but not much.  Tyler is obsessed with picking at it by my hands are so sore that it hurts when he does.  Not fun!  As a result of all the soaking I have been scared to start up our gas stove for fear it would ignite the chemicals that have soaked into my skin.  It's bad.  From what I can tell this product is really good and will probably withstand anything!  At least we hope that is the case! 
The kids did really good hanging out at the lot (house) today while we worked.  I packed up blankets, snacks and toys to keep them entertained.  They each enjoyed setting up camp in their own rooms and hanging out.  I wish I had pictures of it but my hands were covered in sealant. 
The fun came to an end when Jackson smashed his finger really bad and came running over to me bleeding everywhere.  I thought he had cut it.  It wasn't until about an hour later that he finally got it out that he had smashed his finger.  It was cut and had a HUGE blood blister on it.  The cut was from where the blister had split open at first and once it sealed up the blood just pooled up.  It was nasty!  That happened at about 3 and the rest of the day was downhill from there. 
You can see how thrilled they were with us by the end of the day.  We didn't quite finish up but we put in a long hard day of work and called our builder and asked for another day to finish.  Thankfully he worked with us and we didn't have to head out there at 10pm last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment