Thursday, February 17, 2011

48/365

It is hard to believe it is mid February and my kids are outside playing at night wearing shorts!
That is crazy considering we were below zero 2 weeks ago and today we were around 87 degrees.
That's Texas weather for you! 
I am enjoying the warmer temperatures but I would really like to enjoy some 60's and 70's so that it isn't so stinking hot in this house!  Please just let us have some days where we don't need to run a heater or the air conditioner! 
It is nice to not be cooped up in the house though! 
The house is moving along.  The completely finished up the brick today and have almost finished up the rock on the sides.  We didn't have enough rock to do the fireplace in the pattern we had wanted so today we had to scramble to get some more.  Thankfully we got some more rock and they will be able to get started on the fireplace tomorrow. 
Our builder has been working on all of the trim work for the past 2 days.   
They have pretty much finished out all of the closets and the pantry. 
I am really happy with how they turned out! 
We had to get creative because the closets are a bit on the small side but I think we were able to maximize the space.

I also had our builder put in a shelving system down in the basement.  It is still a work in progress but I think it is going to be really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment