Monday, February 21, 2011

52/365

Today I may have had a minor break down.
Probably brought on by the never ending lists of things I need to take care of RIGHT NOW...And the current state of our houses...and the fact that I can't seem to find the right ceiling fan for our living room and I spent at least an hour looking up today between 2 trips to Lowes and 1 to Home Depot and now my neck hurts. 
When I got in from Lowes around 5:30 I headed out to the new house until around 7.  We need to clean so our builder can do what he needs to do BUT our builder has stuff everywhere and the masonry guys have such a mess in our living room.  It is like shoveling snow in the middle of a blizzard. 
When we got home at 7 there was a message from Jackson's tutor for me to give her a call.  She had given him a lot of work for tomorrow and wanted to talk to me about it.  (Great...a ton of homework!)  Then the basketball coach called and said we had practice at 7.  (It was 7...we don't text so you have to call us!)  We didn't make it.   
As I was cooking dinner Jacob mentioned that thekids dentist had called and all 3 kids had a dentist appointment tomorrow afternoon.  (Guess I didn't get that on my list of things to take care of this week!)
I am done.  I am ready to be in this house and not have it controlling our lives anymore!  Only about 4 weeks left to go.
I will miss walking into the room and seeing Jaci all snuggled up in her bed with her kitties.
I am sure she won't miss still sleeping in a crib. 
I snapped these with my camera phone today because I didn't have my camera with me.  You can see that we have all of the brick cleaned up and the rock is slowly being used up. 
The fireplace is coming along.  I have to go to the rock quarry tomorrow to pick out rock for our hearth.
(Something I was supposed to do today and forgot!) 
The cabinets were all stained today.  They look really dark in these pictures (and they are), but they aren't quite as dark as the pictures make them look. 
All of the painting and staining will be done this week.  Next week the appliances will come in.  The granite will go in and the electrician will get started installing everything.  It is going so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment