Saturday, September 11, 2010

254/365

Today we have been watching some of the documentaries on 9/11.  I debated if I should let the kids watch them but they were really interested and had a lot of questions about it so I did let them watch and we talked about it.  I think Jackson more or less knows what happened but Tyler was full of questions and didn't want to stop watching.  I know some people would rather not expose their kids to this but I think it is such an important part of our history.   Watching Tyler's face as he watched what happened really took me back to that day.  It was terrible and it changed our country forever.  I think more people should take a look back and remember what they felt that day.
Of course we didn't spend out entire day watching TV.  I headed out to the citywide garage sale this morning.  It is a once a year event that they have here in Albany. 
This was the first time since we have lived here that I have been to garage sales.  It was fun but it really made me miss my garage sale buddy Bonnie.  It is so much more fun to go out with a buddy on the quest for a bargain.  Bonnie and I would usually head out in Lockhart with our baggie of change (didn't even have an actual dollar with us) and we were always amazed at the bags of stuff we would come home with.  I love that feeling!
My biggest find of the day was this dresser.  I have been looking for something exactly like this to go in my new living room.  I am channeling the Thrifty Decor Chick here.  I love her ideas!  I am going to repaint it and spruce it up with some new hardware and turn it into an entry way table/sofa table with some lamps on it.  I think it is going to be perfect!  It cost me $20!
I also found 2 little side tables.  The white one is going to get touched up and go in Jaci's room as a night stand.  The other one is going to get a coat of paint and go outside by my porch swing.  Grand total for 2 tables...$5!!!
My husband wasn't too happy with me bringing home furniture since we don't have anywhere to put it but we made room.  At those prices I just couldn't pass up those deals.  Especially since they were things I was looking for and wanting for the new house.  Now I just need to get busy painting them.

1 comment: