Monday, August 23, 2010

235/365

Today Jackson started the second grade.  I can't believe he is growing up so fast!
I had hoped that after the past 2 years and with us moving that Jackson would handle change a little better and not cry and get so upset when I dropped him off.  It didn't happen.  Right when we walked into the classroom he turned to me and buried his face.  He began crying and coughing which lead to him gagging and trying to throw up.  He does this every time.  I feel so bad for him.  I know he isn't unhappy being there. He just doesn't handle change well at all and his nerves get the best of him.  When I picked him up he was fine and had a great day!
Of course the return of school brings the return of carpool.
Today Jaci had her 4 year well child check so we came in from Abilene just in time to get in the carpool line.  Thankfully the kids were sleeping and not complaining about how hot it was.  I am not sure if it was actually 111 degrees (it sure felt like it was) but it didn't change from the time I left the school to the time I got home so I have to think it was close to that.
Jaci is feeling crummy and running a fever from the 4 shots she got today.  I forgot how tough the 4 year check up was and how many shots they have to get.  Jaci was 37 pounds and 3'5".  They didn't tell me what percentile she was in but this seems about average with where she has been in the past.
Tyler enjoyed a day out and was thrilled it was Jaci getting shots and not him.  He was also thrilled that it was Jackson starting school and not him.  The little ones start private Pre-K on Sept. 7th.  I am excited for them and think it is going to be a really positive experience.  Hopefully they will agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment