Tuesday, August 31, 2010

243/365

Lately I have been thinking a lot about Lockhart and our life there.  I don't know if it was brought on by the start of school but I've just been really in a mood for the past few days.  I am so happy with being here in Albany but some days I just miss our house and miss my friends.  I miss feeling settled.  Last year at this time we were just living our life.  Jackson was in school.  The boys were playing soccer.  Jaci was in dance.  I had a routine with my friends.  We were happy.  Now I see my friends posting about dance fundraisers and signing kids up for soccer and something inside just aches.  I miss that life.  I miss how comfortable we were there.  I miss just knowing that there would always be a familiar face to talk to.
I am honestly surprised at how much I miss it.
That being said...I wouldn't go back for anything in the world.  We will get to that place here.  This will soon be familiar to us.  I know that this is where we were meant to be.  It's just taking longer to get settled in here than I had hoped.  It is good to go outside of your comfort zone every once in awhile but what I wouldn't give to just feel like we are HOME.  Just to have that familiar sense of security for one night would wonderful. 
Hopefully soon...
(Oh...and in case you were wondering we STILL don't have a lot...I know...It is ridiculous...but whatever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment