Thursday, October 28, 2010

301/365

 
Today was another day of non stop running around.  While the kids were at school I worked on getting the house clean and in order.  After I got them it was time for lunch and nap.  During nap time our realtor came by to visit and wanted to go see the house progress.  I had to wake the kids up and they weren't happy at all!  Tyler wouldn't even talk to her and was quite rude.  On school days they are just so tired and NEED their nap!  Today was proof of that. 
This evening we took Jacob out to see the progress.  While we walk around the kids enjoy having sand fights and rolling around in the sand pile.  It is a HUGE mess once we get home and sand starts falling our of their socks, shoes and pockets.  Tonight we were watching The Great Pumpkin and Tyler asked me to come and snuggle with him on the couch (a rare request...I loved it!).  I went over and snuggled up with him and of course then Jaci wanted to join in.  We all snuggled in on the couch and before I knew it I had sand all over my face, in my hair and all over the couch.  Apparently it was in both their pockets and their hair and it got all over me and the couch.  That's OK though...I loved the snuggles. 
Jackson is really enjoying seeing how everything is coming together.  He has taken quite the interest in how everything is working out there.  It is funny to me when he is asking about water pipes and electric lines.  Not your typical 7 year old talk.

Today they finished up the trusses and covered them up with the wood.  They got all of the water pumped out of the basement but we will have a lot of clean up to do in there.  Jacob and I are doing our own clean up to save us some money.  It isn't going to be a lot of fun but it will save us several thousand dollars so it is worth it.
They also got started sealing the outside of the basement.  They didn't have quite enough to finish up the job so they will hopefully finish up tomorrow.
They also got started on some of the frame work for the slab on the house.  We can now see our house lines and picture exactly where everything will be.  As of this afternoon they are planning on pouring the foundation next Friday.  We'll see if they are able to keep that schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment