Thursday, February 18, 2010

49/365

What a day! Today was our home inspection. I spent the past 2 days trying to make sure every little thing was taken care of and it was exhausting. Today I packed up the kids and left while the inspection took place. It was supposed to last 1.5-2 hours at most and that includes the inspector going over everything with the homeowners. It took 3 hours and 15 minutes. This had me concerned and a little annoyed because the kids were over it. I came home right as they were finishing up because the little ones had to go to the bathroom and needed a drink. I got to meet the couple and they seem really nice. They are young and just starting out and they are Aggies which for some reason makes me happy. They seem a lot like Jacob and I in that they appear to be very detail oriented. This is bad for us during the inspection, but is something I can understand because we are the same way. I feel like they will be the perfect fit for our house and it makes me feel good that they seem like they will take care of it. I don't know why I care, but we have brought our babies home to this house and created so many wonderful memories here and I would just hate to see it go to people who don't take care of it the way we have. (not that it matters at all) I just hope they will be as happy here as we have been and can create as many wonderful memories here as we have. I remember how excited we were when we bought this house. It is a great feeling and somehow seeing them starting out makes me feel good.

Overall the inspection went great! No major issues. The inspector of course wrote up every little thing imaginable but they are only requiring us to fix a few very minor things that might total up to a few hundred dollars. I am thrilled beyond belief! I really thought that they were finding something serious with it taking so long today. I have been so consumed with this all week that I have forgot about so many things. They want to come in again on Sunday with their parents and after that I think I will finally be able to ease up a bit! This stress has really been getting to me and I hate it.
The weather continues to be beautiful and we are enjoying some outside time every day. It is nice. I think the kids are going to Jacob's parent's house this weekend but I have not talked to them yet to make sure. My days and nights have been so crazy this week that I forgot what day it was. I know they are looking forward to a break away from all of this stress here as well. It is taking a toll on them too and I hate that.

I'm off to get some much needed rest. I hope to sleep a lot better tonight than I have in the past couple of nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment