Sunday, January 10, 2010

10/365

Today marks a week that Jacob has been gone. This is the longest that we have gone without seeing each other since we were married. It almost feels like when we were dating and living hours apart (aside from me having to take care of the kids and sell the house)...actually scratch that... it is nothing like that other than the fact that I miss him terribly and now live for the weekends when I get to see him. We are so ready for him to come home next weekend even if it is only for 2 days. The kids are finally to a point where they aren't crying for him everyday and I am to a point where I cry everyday. Funny how that works. Part of that is me missing him and the other part is the stress of being here without him and the fear of the unknown in the future. I have some wonderful friends here and it is going to be hard to leave them and the life we have created here. Although I know this is the best move for our family it is kind of hard to get past what we are going through right now. It will all work out in the end though.

I have to share a cute moment with Jaci this evening.  After I put her to bed I was downstairs cleaning the kitchen when I hear her over the monitor.  She has been calling me back up to her room 3-5 times each night so I just assumed she was calling me back up for one of her many complaints.  When I got into the hallway I could hear her singing about Jesus.  I stood there and listened outside the door and she was singing about Jesus creating teddy bears and Jesus being God's baby and they would keep the teddy bears safe.  I ran and got the phone and called Jacob because it was just too cute.  By the time I got back to her door she was on to Jesus making Twizzlers (the candy).  It was so cute but sadly Jacob couldn't hear her.  This went on for about 10 minutes.  Usually Tyler is the one carrying on about Jesus and God but I guess tonight Jaci was just feeling the need to sing. 

I didn't take many pictures today.  The kids are kind of tired of me taking pictures of them all the time.  We went outside for about an hour and played in the backyard.  I am so ready for the weather to warm up a little.  I usually love winter but this January has just been miserable in so many ways.  Usually here there is at least a day or two out of every week that is really nice in the winter.  That just hasn't been the case this year.  Hopefully the coming week will bring better weather.  I'm off to bed!  It's been a long day.





No comments:

Post a Comment