Thursday, January 21, 2010

21/365

Tonight blogger is messing up for me and won't let me add pictures. I don't know what the problem is but I have tried for about 30 minutes and can't figure it out so I am giving up for the night. I will try again tomorrow.

Last night Tyler had a really bad asthma attack. It came out of nowhere and scared me to death. If Jacob had been home I would have been at the ER with him in a heartbeat. It was that bad. Thankfully after about 2 hours and 15 minutes I was able to get him comfortable. He has Reactive Airway Disease which causes him to have wheezing and asthma symptoms when he is sick with a cold etc. but he has never had full blown asthma. Apparently he does now. He was still wheezing pretty bad today even with me doing albuterol treatments every 4 hours. His pediatrician started him on 10 days of oral steroids which I absolutely hate but she said he had to have them. The steroids just wreck his immune system and make him a crazy little boy who demands food ALL THE TIME. Last night was really scary for me (and I'm sure him) so I will do whatever it takes to prevent another attack like that. We are used to dealing with this when he gets a cold etc. but this is going to take it to a new level. Before we could at least anticipate when it would come on but now I guess we need to be ready at all times. He was still so happy today even feeling terrible. I have him in my bed again with me tonight so that I can keep a close eye on him. I didn't sleep much last night but I did enjoy snuggling with him once he was feeling a little better. Hopefully tonight I will get a little more sleep than just 2.5 hours.

Tomorrow we are heading to West Texas to see Jacob and go for my nephew's birthday party. It will be nice to be away from the house and worrying about keeping it up. It will also be nice to have help with the kids for the weekend.

Still no news on last night's showing. I will probably call our realtor tomorrow and see if she knows anything. The house was just the last thing on my mind today.

I'm off to bed.

ETA: I got it fixed.

Tyler ready for bed and happy to be sleeping in my room again.

Jaci and Kitty Meow ready for bed. Her original Kitty Meow was left at my mom's over Christmas and she doesn't like this one as much. (even though it is exactly the same) Kitty has been a bit neglected lately but tonight she felt like snuggling it.

Jackson reading before bed. He is finally getting confident enough in his reading that he will pick up a book to read on his own. It is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment