Thursday, January 28, 2010

28/365

It is amazing to me how I can't even go to the bathroom by myself...yet I am lonely.
It is amazing to me how all day long I hear constant chatter and non stop talking...yet I long for conversation.
It is amazing to me how my children seem to know when I am really busy and need to get things done and that is when they need me the most and want me to hold them.
It is amazing to me how I can just want to be left alone but I don't really want to be.


I know that one of these days my children will be teenagers and they won't want to spend every moment right under my feet...and I will miss it.
I know that one of these days my children will be teenagers and no matter how hard I try to talk to them they won't be interested in talking to me...and I will miss it.
I know that one of these days my children won't want to sit and snuggle up with me at the worst possible time...and I will long to hold them in my arms no matter how crazy things are.


And I also know that being apart from my husband has made me have a new appreciation for what we have together...and I miss him.

I am trying to remind myself of these things on days like today when every little thing is a HUGE battle. This is temporary and all too soon it will all be over.


(The original plan was to make homemade Chicken and Dumplings...my pantry had other ideas.  Supper tonight was frozen TV dinners...It has just been one of those days!)

2 comments: